Rutgers–Camden Presents “SkypeonArt” this Fall 2015

Rutgers–Camden will become the central hub for interactive, online conversations with nationally and internationally renowned artists, as it presents “SkypeonArt” this fall 2015.

I am thrilled to report that this year’s lineup includes discussions on talking points for robots, music appreciation for drones and “Visions of Place” the current exhibition on view now at the Rutgers Camden Center for the Arts. 

The SkypeOnArt talks give RU Camden an unparalleled opportunity to talk intimately with some of the world’s most innovative art makers. At free period, artists who are luminaries in their fields Skype in from other parts of the country and globe. They share with us images or video shorts of their work and answer questions. The great thing about Skype as a medium of communication is that the audience really gets an opportunity to direct the discussion. The idea for SkypOnArt in came to me in the middle of a lecture in the Conceptual Art class in 2009. A student posed a really difficult question about a piece of art that we were looking at by Kenneth Tin Kin Hung, and I thought to myself “why don’t we just ask him?”

The poster for this fall, designed by Hyemi Kim <k.hyemi@gmail.com> can be seen below and is available here in pdf format:SkypeOnArt

If anybody has suggestions on artists for our series, please shoot me an e-mail at demaray@camden.rutgers.edu. Also, please don’t hesitate to e-mail past artists and ask to be added to their e-mail lists or fan sites. Visiting artists really appreciate feed back!

Sigalit

VitaNadav

Tags: , , ,