Rutgers–Camden will become the central hub for interactive, online conversations with nationally and internationally renowned artists, as it presents “SkypeonArt” this fall.

I’m thrilled to report that this year’s lineup includes presentations on talking points for chat bots, the musical preferences of drones and the “Visions of Place” exhibition that is currently on view at the Rutgers Camden Canter for the Arts (RCCA).

The SkypeOnArt talks give RU Camden an unparalleled opportunity to talk intimately with some of the world’s most innovative art makers. At free period, artists who are luminaries in their fields Skype in from other parts of the country and globe. They share with us images or video shorts of their work and answer questions. The great thing about Skype as a medium of communication is that the audience really gets an opportunity to direct the discussion. The idea for SkypOnArt in came to me in the middle of a lecture in the Conceptual Art class in 2009. A student posed a really difficult question about a piece of art that we were looking at by Kenneth Tin Kin Hung, and I thought to myself “why don’t we just ask him?”

The semester’s talks will take place in the “Mod Lab” in FA 217 during free period. A pdf of this semester’s season can be found here: SkypeOnArt. Feel free to bring your lunch and join us for these thought provoking romps through contemporary art practice. For more information on this series, or to suggest a speaker, please contact me at demaray@camden.rutgers.edu.

SigalitVitaNadav